Voice of Navkshitij: December 2017
From the President’s desk
Smiles all the way from the UK
THIS month, our Friends were busy attending Christmas parties organised by various Rotary Clubs. It was a special occasion was when Praba Kumar and A K Senthil Kumar, Grace Prayer Fellowship celebrated Christmas at Marunji. It was great fun. Our well-wishers Dr Shailesh Vadodaria, Mrs Bela Vadodaria, Mr Rajeev Subhedar, Mrs Mohini Subhedar and their family members visited Navkshitij. It was a family visit to Navkshitij. After welcoming the guests, we gave them a brief introduction to Navkshitij. Friends Monika and Kunal presented a dance. The visitors took a tour of the campus, including the workshop. Dr Shailesh Vadodaria and Mr Rajeev Subhedar, supporters of Navkshitij, run the Help Smile Trust in the UK. We are thankful for their visit and grateful support.
For our monthly trek, we went to Neelkantheshwar on December 23. After a long time, I accompanied the Friends and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me. I was full of admiration for the way the old timers have trained themselves to climb carefully and at the same time enjoy the beautiful scenery around. Friends from the Day School and Day Workshop and our Autistic Friends went to Okayama Friendship Garden in Pune. It was a good change for them.
For my son, Navkshitij is not a second home; it is home
I have penned my Navkshitij experience as a book which is being published on January 7, at the Patrakar Bhavan, Navi Peth. The book is to be released by Padma Shri Mr Prataprao Pawar, chairman and managing director at Sakal Papers Pvt. Ltd. We look forward to taking bigger strides at Navkshitij this year. We wish you all a wonderful New Year.
Our heartfelt thanks to you
WE have reached the end of one more year and would like to express our thanks to all our well-wishers, supporters from the corporate world, individual donors, volunteers, and charity organisations that directly or indirectly supported us. Each one of you motivated us to move towards newer horizons. We are so glad that, in 2017, a large number of volunteers shared their valuable time with our Friends at Navkshitij, adding to their joy and happiness. We are thankful to the volunteers from Fiserv, Nitor, and students from IIEBM and ISBS for their tremendous support during the monthly trekking, Drama Competition, Parvati Climbing Competition, and Street Play, and the volunteers from Emcure for making Holi so colourful for our Friends. We cannot thank enough the volunteers who are coming on a regular basis to teach our Friends, especially Aakash Agarwal, Kundan Kumar and Dr Rohini Kathavate. We are extremely thankful to the resident volunteers from Germany, Laura Stranzl, Marie Eggert, Anna Pieper and Linn Bergmann for their great help and support. We express our thanks to visitors who share special events such as birthdays and anniversaries. Many invited our Friends to functions in their families. We are also thankful to the parents, siblings and other organisations working for rehabilitation of mentally challenged, for their constant support and motivation. Like any other year, 2017 was a mixture of good and bad days. Together they taught us some precious lessons. We look forward to a wonderful new year with you all.
Rameshwar Fundipalle, Public Relations Officer, Navkshitij
- January 7: Launch of a book on Navkshitij by Dr Neelima Desai
- January 14: Makar Sankrant
- January 20: 14th Annual Foundation Day
- January 24: Monthly Traffic Awareness Programme
- January 26: Republic Day and Vanbhojan
- January 27: Monthly Trek
- December 9: One Day Picnic to Okayama Friendship Garden
- December 13: Christmas Party organised by Mr Anil Bora
- December 14: Christmas party organised by Rotary Club of Pune Cantonment.
- December 16: Celebrating Friends’ birthdays
- December 23: Monthly Trek to Neelkantheshwar & Visit by Help Smile Trust, UK.
- December 25: Christmas celebrations at Navkshitij.
- December 31: Year-end Party
Thank you from Navkshitij to:
- Fiserv India Pvt Ltd
- Mrs. Nandita Damodar Tilak Trust
- Mr. Abhay Khanapure
- Mrs. Usha Subramanian
- Mr. Mahendra Sawalkar
- Cadence Company
- Mr. Rajendra Mehrotra
- Ms. Shobha Shetty
- Mrs. Saumij Vadodaria
- Mrs. Nachiketas Bhatkar
- Dr. Pamona Samson
- S. Josephine Kelvina
- Mr. Nagendra Singh
- Mr. Rishiraj Shailendra Patel
- Mrs. Babita Ashtikar
- Concern India Foundation, Pune
- Ms. Shobha Shetty
- Mrs. Suhana Khanna
Thank you from Navkshitij to
- Annual Sponsorship for one residential Friend – Rs. 96,000
- Sponsorship for 3 Day School students – Rs. 13,500 per month
- 2 Washing Machines – Approximate cost Rs 13,000 each
- 2 Garden pipes (100 ft) – Approximate cost Rs. 1,400
- 1 Harmonium – Approximate cost Rs. 12,000
- Annual Sponsorship for a Day School Friend – Rs. 18,000
(A monthly newsletter published by Dr. Neelima Desai and edited by Kanaka Cadambi on behalf of Navkshitij)